Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange auto-scrolling behavior in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find a thread about this... I'm experiencing a strange feature/bug that's pretty irritating. A few minutes after I start Premiere, the timeline will start scrolling whenever I move my mouse cursor away from the center of the screen. You can see this happening at the link below:

Private Video on Vimeo

the password is: autoscroll

To be clear: this doesn't happen when I first start Premiere. It's usually 5-10 minutes into a session, and then I have to quit and re-start the program to get a few minutes of peace. Is this something I've accidentally turned on, that I can deactivate? It's really annoying to have the timeline scroll to follow my cursor, when I go for my effects or media browser.

iMac running 10.10.3, Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hello All,

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) from the Creative Cloud application to solve this issue.

If you do not see the update in the Creative Cloud application:

1. Relaunch the Creative Cloud application (gear icon)
  2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, then sign back in. (gear icon > Preferences)
  3. Restart the computer

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is July 2019 and this infuriating problem STILL exists on Windows.  Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my mouse just had the same problem.I just pulled out my mouse from the USB port and put it in another USB port works fine now. Little late hope this helps anybody with this problem in the future. 06082020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this problem right now! I have a Macbook Pro (2014) series but newest Adobe. in addition to it scrollign on its own whenever i move the cursor off the timeline itself, the audio sarted to skip and I was not able to move any clips on my timeline! please help! I didnt take a screenshot as it would crash right after each thing happened. i tried some of the suggestions in this thead, but nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to solve it? I have the same problem, premiere pro 2020 on a 2017 macbook pro. Huge pain in the ass!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If anyone is still looking for this solution, the solution is the mouse. Plug it out and put it into another slot, or replace it with a different mouse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS is the correct solution. Thanks. Always hate this program, full of old bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines