• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sub-clips for one long clip?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have one long clip I am going to be using different segments from, I have read you can only have one in & out point set on the clip.

To achieve what I'm trying to do, is it best to create sub clips? I will need to isolate and use several portions from this overall clip, but cut out quite a bit as well.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

If you want to use multiple parts of the same video clip then yes, you would create Subclips.

That's because you can only have one "In" and one "Out" as you say, that is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use multiple parts of the same video clip then yes, you would create Subclips.

That's because you can only have one "In" and one "Out" as you say, that is correct.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This long clip is it one take or does it have several short takes.

If latter you could consider using Scene Edit Detection.

Then export the subclips you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's one long take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a couple ways, "sub clips" is one of them. The other is to use "pancake" editing.

Open another Timeline panel, stacked above or below the first one. Open the clip in the new one. Now as you go down the clip, simply cut (Ctrl/Cmd-K) at in and out points, drag/drop to the other sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines