• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subclip export not keeping full clip name

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating subclips with a goal to export for animation in AE. When I select either single or multiple clips the clip name as it appears in my project window is shortened upon export. Working through a lot of footage and it will be very time consuming to fix this in ME. Perhaps my clip names are too long but even when I shorten the clip name signifigantly it still gets abbreviated. Is this a bug? Due to my color correction workflow I need to create shortened clips but still be able to track them via clip name. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue what to say because you're not sharing what the clip name lengths are.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil- Guessing you did not read my whole question. As I said the original clip names are long but even when I shorten them they are gettting abbreviated when I go to export. That is what is leading me to believe this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did read your post ... a couple times. The question still stands.

Premiere can have issues with over-long names, and remember, it will add the full folder tree internally to the name as it appears in your subclip. It only handles so many characters properly, and of course, certain "extra characters" in a folder tree/filename path are also problems.

So ... give us samples of the original name, shortened name, and total file path.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't worked with subclips much so I haven't really encountered this shortening that you're talking about. Looking at it briefly I see that it removes the subclip001 suffix from the end of it on export.  

I'm not sure what to suggest on the actual sublcip front, but if you have Adobe Bridge (comes with CC) then you can do batch renaming with that and hopefully get them custom named and numbered to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines