Subclip Video Out Point BEFORE Video In Point in Metadata Panel

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got hundreds of subclips that show the proper Video In and Out points in Project Panel, and in Source Monitor w/ Source Timecode Overlay, but in the actual Metadata panel for the clip, the Video Out is incorrect and the value is actually before the Video In point (see screenshot). The duration is the same, and this hasn't actually caused me any problems - but it's unnerving.

timeCode.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022
I think I've figured it out.  It has nothing to do with Time Code format - and has everything to do with selecting "Restrict Trims to Subclip Boundaries". https://vimeo.com/677656062

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change it? Just add an 'out' mark in the middle of the clip. The Video Out Point is simply where this 'out' mark is on the subclip. The 'Media Start' and 'Media End' columns should indicate the extents of your subclip.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I change the out point to what it should be (just copy TC from Video Out point and paste that value into the actual Metadata Panel for the clip) everything falls into place. You'll notice most of the clips in screenshot below show Media Start/Stop/Duration as the entire Tape - but the one I changed - it now shows the correct "Media" values as well as the correct "Video" values in the Metadata Panel.

r.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've figured it out.  It has nothing to do with Time Code format - and has everything to do with selecting "Restrict Trims to Subclip Boundaries".

https://vimeo.com/677656062

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ack, I didn't have subclip for when it's checked to restrict to boundaries - but trust me, it's all good with the TC on that first subclip 101-1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines