Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subclips not working

Engaged ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use subclips in a project.  I bring up the video (mp4) in the source monitor, set "in" and "out" points, right click and choose "make subclip."  The subclip is made, but when I drag it into the timeline, it's not a subclip -- it's the full video.  I experimented by opening my video in a clean, new Premiere file and was able to make subclips sucessfully.  However, when I tried to copy/paste the subclips into my existing project, they expanded to become the whole video again.  Can someone help me with this?  Thanks.

Zaffer

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I figured it out.  Premiere will not make subclips if you change anything about the original clip, like resizing or if you don't choose to keep existing sequence settings for the clip.  Thanks.

Zaffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am expereincing the same problem. It was working fine recently for other projects. Just today, I opened my project and saw that all my subclips were the full videos. When origionally making the subclips yesterday, I realized I was exiting each one off the timeline sequence after making enough subclips. So I thought that was the problem. But then I tested it out again today, maing a subclip of a video without removing the origional from the timeline sequence, and the subclips still aren't saving right. I'm not sure if I did something to my settings? (Also, idk if this even is relevant but I just updated my Macbook Pro to macOS 11.0.1)

I'll try everything at this point.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up figuring mine out! It was a silly error on my part. I was rendering the clips in and out, but I wasn't splicing up the clips at those markers. So it ended up making each subclip the full video, instead of my desired smaller clip for some reason. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the last 3 days making subclips, and just realized that the subclips are NOT subclips. I put the full clips onto a timeline to sync with audio (otherwise I couldn't hear), set in/out points, created the subclip. But each one is just the entire clip.

Not gonna lie- I want violence. I want to lay hands. I want someone to pay me for all the time I just spent, but I can't really charge the client (who I will have to tell why this is taking so long). And I still don't know what the issue is, or how I'm going to make these subclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subclips are made from the Source Monitor not the Timeline.

In and outpoints on the timeline are not connected to the clip but rather the sequence itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, then I wonder why it says you're creating subclips.

In that case I guess I won't be able to make subclips since the audio from the camera is too low. Thanks so much for all your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines