• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subclips of proxy files not working.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new Premere user, working on a 2015 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM. It doesn't support the latest version of Premiere so I'm running v22. 

I created proxies so I could edit large video files. The source files are long, so I created subclips using the proxy files and organized the subclips in bins. That all seemed to work, but when I pull a subclip into my timeline it brings over the entire source file, starting at the first frame. That defeats the purpose of a subclip. 

How can I fix this so that only the subclips I set in and out points for get put in the timeline? 

Thanks,
Ann

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subclips should show the section that was set by an in and out point.

Did you import the proxy files to make the subclips?

Or did you make them from the attached proxy files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used Adobe Media Encoder to generate the proxy files, then put the proxy files in my timeline and made the subclips from them. Not sure if that answers the question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines