Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitle Files Slowing Down Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using a useful app to import .srt subtitles into Premiere Pro called, PremiereSRT: PremiereSRT - Bring your SRT subtitles to Adobe Premiere Pro CC

As you can see, there are a bazillion titles on my timeline now, which is good — but as soon as they are on the timeline, they slow Premiere Pro down like crazy.

And Premiere Pro suddenly ceases to be responsive.

Could it be because the title files that are imported [via XML] are .prtl files?

Is there a way to mitigate this slow-down?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

W.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 3.32.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Me again. I think the issue is that Premiere Pro is having a tough time drawing all the individual titles, which is what is causing the slow-down.

Anyone have any smart work-arounds that could help?

[Note, the timeline is still slow, even if I disable the titles].

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current work-around is to nest all the titles, which isn't ideal for obvious reasons.

However, it does solve the issue of PrP having to draw all the titles, and I regain the usual responsiveness

of the sequence.

If anyone from Adobe is reading this, I'd love to be able to ask if you'd be able to take a look at the titles being

generated by the subtitling app via xml to see if there is any way to adjust them so that they don't slow down the edit.

Thanks,

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here, seems like nobody cares, do you solve it, by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious: what version of PR are you running?

This mac only app created the old style titles in PR (.prtl), so is not longer supported for versions since . And Adobe has moved on.

The same company appears to have newer options, such as:

http://www.finalsub.com/news_en/

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2022 and I'm still having the SAME problem importing SRT subtitles. I've contacted Adobe support and all the workarounds didn't work. They'll NEVER solve that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines