Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitle Issue!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem subtitle!

Right after transcribing the video, when creating the caption in the 'Caption' tab, nothing appears! It opens the subtitle track but there's nothing there either! How can I solve it?

Until yesterday in Premiere 2021 it worked perfectly.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Thanks for posting this issue. I was able to reproduce this by setting an Out-point in the sequence but not setting an In-point and enabling the "Transcribe in point to out point only" option in the Transcribe dialog.

Can you retranscribe your sequence without the in-out option in the Transcribe dialog or alternatively set both in and out point in your sequence? Please let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with trashing preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear your media cache? Is this a new project? Does the "Create Caption" process finish or hang?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with 2022, except it doesn't complete the transcription process. It begins to upload the audio to the "server", a 2 minute process, but it stops before it even gets half-way and returns to the Create Transcription option!

Cleared cache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this issue. I was able to reproduce this by setting an Out-point in the sequence but not setting an In-point and enabling the "Transcribe in point to out point only" option in the Transcribe dialog.

Can you retranscribe your sequence without the in-out option in the Transcribe dialog or alternatively set both in and out point in your sequence? Please let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!
I set a point on the timeline but didn't check the option and it worked perfectly, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.

With update, impossible to create subtitle or trasncript. It was ok before new version.

And i don't find option in out box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't find option in out box

If you are experiencing the problem described here, just change the setting in the transcribe dialogue.

Click "Transcribe sequence." In the dialogue box that opens, make sure the box for "Transcribe in point to out point only" is NOT checked.

If that does not work, please post a screenshot of your Text panel and timeline.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have tried just now with old version and effectively the box apper.

But nothing happend in the new version, it is blocked before the box.

Same if y make new subtitle, when use + to start a new one, nothing happend.

I have reset preferences and clear cache....

I will use old version and wait for new update.

I am on windows machin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I don't think you are having the problem described in this thread. I am also on Win10, and I have no difficulty creating a caption track and adding a caption using the plus symbol.

Check which Workspace you are in and reset that workspace. And had a problem in a previous version and that fixed that one. Oh, and be sure you test this with a project created in the new version.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspace was reset, and projet is New
Strange...

Bertrand Lacroix
IHECS Département vidéo
P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail - pensez à la nature avant d'imprimer ce mail ou ses pièces jointes
Ce message et son contenu sont confidentiels, leur divulgation, reproduction ou autres utilisations sont strictement interdites. Il peut contenir des données à caractère personnel, des informations soumises au secret professionnel, au secret d'affaires ou autres dispositions légales assurant leur confidentialité et leur non divulgation. Si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, veuillez en aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur par téléphone ou par mail et le détruire. Veuillez trouver, les informations relatives au traitement de vos données en suivant ce lien « charte vie privée des travailleurs » ou « charte vie privée des étudiants ».

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also going through this same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raynner,

The problem described by Gustavo in the original post? If so, does Nico's workaround work for you?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked, thank you Stan, thank you Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Thanks for reporting back.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines