Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Subtitles at 480p

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend was working on a 4k resolution project. He asked me to create subtitles so he rendered a small sized video file for my reference & sent it across to me. I created subtitles and they are with 480p resolution. I sent him my project file via email. He opens the project and now, subtitles are rendered at 480p in his 4k resolution project, thus blurring the subtitles in the output. Is there any way we can convert that subtitle file to match the 4k file without having to do the work all over again?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rendered 480p subtitle for 4k?
Of course you will get blurry low resolution subtitle on your 4k.

Would better if your subtitled is not burned with video, but create in seperate file (.srt for example)

==============
Okie Eko Wardoyo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you are using the new Captions Workflow in Premiere Pro, you should be able to change the Font Size in the Essential Graphics Panel.

Detailed infomration is avaiable in the Premiere Pro User Guild > Captions workflow in Premiere Pro.

Here's a link: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sent him my project file.

In the new caption workflow in PR2021 and also in the old workflow (PR2020 and earlier), the captions are in the project file. In PR2021, I don't believe they have pixel resolution, but let us know if this doesn't work.

The simplest solution, as suggested by Warren, is to increase the font size. You can select all captions and change, or create a caption track style.

And Warren, good job on getting the "new" caption guide link - the old one was changed!

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines