• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden loss of audio in a project

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a 3-day shoot in Premiere Pro CC 2022, latest version (the date on the .exe file is June 14). I'm editing each day in a separate project. I finished Day 1 and last night I was editing Day 2 and everything was fine. I saved the project, turned off the computer and went to bed. This morning I turned on the computer and loaded the project and I could hear no audio on any of the five audio tracks. The audio appears on the Audio Clip Mixer meters, but not in the Timeline meters and there is no sound from my speakers. No tracks are muted, and I checked the Audio Hardware Preferences and they are normal, set to use the System Default Output as always. I closed the project and opened the project for Day 1. All was normal in that project and the audio works normally. I checked the systems preferences for Audio Hardware and the settings were identical to those of Day 2, as I expected. I tried rebooting the computer, but no change ... still no sound.

Again, everything was fine last night. I saved and closed the project, turned off the computer and turned on the computer the next day without having changed anything in the project, but now there is no sound. Only an indication of sound in the Audio Clip Mixer, but not in the Timeline meters. I am at my wit's end! Is there a global mute somewhere that I don't know about and magically activated while I was sleeping!?

This is so frustrating. I have been using Adobe Premiere programs since 2001 and have been upgrading all the way through CS6. About 6-8 months ago I upgraded to CC with auto upgrades, so I'm a very experienced user of Premiere versions, though relatively new to this version. Please help! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lanny

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if any of these suggested solutions by @Peru Bob help you fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Manuallr clear  cache and preview files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines