• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly, no audio in timeline

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a short project (10 min video with several overlaid audio and video clips) that was working fine yesterday. Now, there is no audio when playing the video in the timeline, when dragging the "playhead" along the timeline, or when I export the sequence as an mp4 file.

However, if I open an individual video or audio clip in the mixer window, the sound works, so I know the audio is "there." I am an Adobe Premiere newbie. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

in my case all I need to do is solo one of the audio tracks then unsolo it. I really must get round to doing a bug report...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem.  Two calls to Adobe have not been able to identify WHY the problem persists, but there is a way to get the audio back.

Create a new sequence.

Select all the tracks from the original sequence.

Copy and paste them into the new sequence.

I have done this a few times, and has always worked. 

If anyone can shed light on why this happens, I'd also appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing.  I just duplicated the file and that duplicate had audio.  Hope that works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me - thank you.  No idea why this happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what the heck. I was trouble shooting for 10 minutes, restarted my computer, and was thinking 'okay I know I'm a better editor than this, what is happening.' Your solution of creating a new sequence and copy and pasting worked for me. God bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case all I need to do is solo one of the audio tracks then unsolo it. I really must get round to doing a bug report...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all-- The solo/unsolo operation worked. We had already tried copying the whole file, and that didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constantly happening to me. Soloing and Unsoloing does not work for me, but copy/pasting in new timeline works. Having to do it multiple times per project it is happening so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, if anyone with Adobe is listening, the issues are infuriating. Inconsistent audio bug. What fixes it or works one time does not always work a second. Audio channels do not remain consistent when creating sequences from Multcam syncs, and do not always path logically or correctly. After quitting and restarting, sometimes a sequence will play, sometimes not. Sometimes all one has to do is solo and unsolo all the channels. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes you have to go into the Multicam Sync and open it on the timeline and solo and unsolo.

Just a pain for someone using Multicam, which is all I am doing for the next few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but even worse after the last update. The timeline randomly decides not to play back audio. This is extremely interruptive to a workflow. It's even worse if you use ProRes footage and apparently that issue has been around for years. Come Adobe, get it together. You release constant updates. Address the issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2024 and this is still happening Adobe. Not ideal considering how much you charge for access to this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating!  Soloing one of the non-working track brought everything back, but sometimes I can't believe how buggy this software can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines