Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super slow playback and performance in PP CC2019 with Canon C200 footage

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am experiencing extreme performance and playback issues with Premiere Pro CC2019 and Canon C200 footage. Realtime playback is nearly impossible.

I am working on Windows 10 with an HP Z820 with 2xCPU (2x10Core, 2,7Ghz), 128 GB RAM, 1xRTX2070 and 2x GTX1060 GPUs. So my machine is pretty good.

Furthermore I am using 1024x540p 50fps proxys, no effects, no  scopes, no high quality playback and my preview resolution is set to 1/4.

Still it is not working smoothly. Every 3-4 seconds Premiere Pro starts stuttering and lagging until essentially the frame is almost freezing.

My project footage is stored on SSD and my cache files are saved on a seperate drive (also SSD). Rendering is optimized for memory.

These lags appear the strongest with Canon C200 footage but also footage from C300MK2 is really hard to edit in PP CC2019.

This cannot be true, that the performance is so weak?

Can anybody help me here?

Thank you and best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Hi Nozee,

• I am experiencing extreme performance and playback issues with Premiere Pro CC2019 and Canon C200 footage. Realtime playback is nearly impossible.
  • I am working on Windows 10 with an HP Z820 with 2xCPU (2x10Core, 2,7Ghz), 128 GB RAM, 1xRTX2070 and 2x GTX1060 GPUs. So my machine is pretty good.

So sorry for the frustration. This is a bug I recently filed on behalf of another customer. It's been confirmed. Please try an earlier version of Premiere Pro for this support. You can also use a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can provide a bit of general information, but no specific answer. I hope someone else can give a more precise reply, as yea, with that rig, this would be incredibly frustrating.

Premiere's multi-threading seems "optimal" at up to 10-12 cores, past that it seems of little use for the program. It's some combination of 8-12 cores and core speeds above 3.8Ghz, with up to 10GB of RAM per core, that Safeharbor and Puget Systems seem to both feel is currently getting best and most efficient processing speeds.

So though you've got a wondrous amount of cores, Premiere isn't really built to use all of them simultaneously. And that 2.7Ghz processing speed is probably an issue in that rig. Essentially, as Pr sees your rig, it might be having a plethora of slow-ish cores.

Premiere also seems to get confused at times with multiple GPUs, but on other rigs, has no issues.

Are you working with the RAW or h.264 media from those Canons?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nozee,

• I am experiencing extreme performance and playback issues with Premiere Pro CC2019 and Canon C200 footage. Realtime playback is nearly impossible.
  • I am working on Windows 10 with an HP Z820 with 2xCPU (2x10Core, 2,7Ghz), 128 GB RAM, 1xRTX2070 and 2x GTX1060 GPUs. So my machine is pretty good.

So sorry for the frustration. This is a bug I recently filed on behalf of another customer. It's been confirmed. Please try an earlier version of Premiere Pro for this support. You can also use a Mac if you have one to use as the issue is not apparent there.

Please upvote the bug here. Canon C200 RAW - worse performance at half res than at full res – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something new here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

Still have the same problem for me,  the CRM file of the c200 is super lagy. (even with proxy)

I am using PP 2021

SSD EVO Samsung

64GB RAM

GTX3060 12gb 2020

AMD Ryzen 7 3800 - 8 core

To be able to work i had to transcode everything in mxf  😞 

All other format even without proxy work super well on my machine so far , no lag

Hope you guys will finaly fix it ! ( 3 years later)

Thank-you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not have a Mac to edit on. Is it possible to migrate my project file to an earlier version of Premiere Pro so I do not loose already made edits and organizing work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines