• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support Captions track inside nest/sequences to master sequence for Export

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for controlling nested sequences' captions track CEA708 within the caller/master sequence. 

I've built several sequences in several different projects across 1 production. I've added caption tracks to each of my lower level sequences (we call them Acts for production) and then pull them into a broadcast sequence of which I have 4 going to different networks. I have 0 control on the lower level captions track from the master/caller sequence and I can't export it using a sidecar... 

So I have to do MORE work to pull them out...

Now I have to go inside every sequence, turn off the CC track (otherwise they burn in). I create a marker with end time to note how much inset of the timecodes, copy all CC and prepare to paste into the caller/master sequence. Offset the playhead to the noted end time (use end time marker) and paste it. Repeat for all the sequences... 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Submit your feature request here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I think what you would want is an option to retain the caption track in a nested sequence, rather than including it in the video track. 

The other problem is keeping the caption associated with the nested "clip" if it is changed.

And yes, when the captions nest in the video track, they cannot be turned off and will be burned in. 

And I think you have the main workaround. You can copy/paste the captions, and they will create a new caption track in the nested sequence, and start at the CTI. Horrible workflow, but it achieves the goal.

There are other requests to associate captions with clips and perhaps sequences. I think their goal was to get sidecars, but the issue would be similar. I can't find them at the moment.

Some users have reported issues with embedding. Any issues for you there? And what format are you exporting?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines