• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching tabs closes multiple sequences/timelines that are in a stacked timeline work flow.

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit using stacked sequences/timelines. When I go to the audio tab to adjust some audio settings and click back to my editing tab, I find that all but one of the sequences I have stacked are closed so I have to re-open them each time I click out of the editing tab. I tried creating a custom workspace, and the behavior is the same. Premiere Pro closes all but one of the sequences I have opened under that tab. Also, the sequences lose their link to the monitors I have them assigned to. Is there a way to fix this? Switching tabs worked just fine before.   My rig: AMD 3950x, 128Gb ddr4 ram, 3-2 TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSDs, 2x RTX 2080ti,  Windows 10 Pro. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are clicking the "Audio" workspace tab. The timeline setup changes based on the setting of the workspace. So, for example, if you are in the Editing Workspace, and set the Timeline panel up for stacked sequences, when you switch to the Audio Workspace, you will be in whatever mode you have that set to.

For some actions, e.g. you really just want to add the Audio Clip Mixer, just do that and don't change Workspaces.

You can set the Audio workspace to match your other (Editing?) Workspace, but I'm having trouble finding a way to keep the same sequences open between workspaces.

Anyone out there who can tell us whether you can control which sequences are showing in different workspaces?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue I have is when I'm returning to the editing tab/workspace. All of but one of my timelines are closed. I noticed this action when I have one of my timelines linked to the source monitor and another linked to the main monitor. I never noticed this behaviour before. Now if I have to swtich to another work space and return to my main work space I have to rebuild is and reorganize it.  I'm using version 23.0.0 Build 63. I've attached a video that shows the issue I'm having. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines