• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync audio clips in video

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a service in a church I videoed. Since my DSLR can only capture 30 minutes at a time, I have 4 video clips, each with probably 1 or 2 second gap with each clip. Then, I have an audio recorder I placed up on the podium which captured the whole service at once. In most cases, this is better than the camera audio. Then, the church recorded about 8 audio clips 10-15 minutes each, with no delay between each, as far as I know.

My question is how do I sync these up? Remember, 4 video with gaps, 1 audio track with no gaps, and about 8 clips of superior church recorded clips.

I did get the audio tracks synced up (the 8 clips all went on different tracks) with merge clips, and I got the first video to sync with that, but don't know what to do with the other video clips. If I selected more video clips, merge clips was grayed out.

Maybe I am going down the wrong path. Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Hi duanecwilson,

You may use the Synchronize Clips option in Premiere Pro to sync multiple video clips with a master audio. But here you will have to keep the video clips on separate tracks for the sync function to work with multiple video clips.

You may refer to this video to see it in action (at around 2:10 mark). Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time when I need to sync stuff up I use Plural Eyes from Red Giant. Or I just sync by ear and keep moving the clip until the video clip audio falls in to place with the second source of audio. You'll hear it when it happens. Might take a little bit of time but 4 long clips shouldn't take you all that long. The great thing about Premiere Pro is that you can make that adjustment now while the sequence is playing. I drop my clip in above the audio and get it close, then play the sequence and while the video clip is selected I use the left or right arrow keys to nudge the clip until the audio sounds synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I am not familiar with, nor have Plural Eyes. Would I first create a sequence from the 4 camera clips, and then bring the long voice recorder clip in and sync that manually? And then, one at a time, bring in the 8 church audio clips and do them 1 by 1? I tried a multi-cam clip, but it only brought in the first video clip in a solid green track. So I didn't understand that one. That was after I tried the before mentioned merge clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi duanecwilson,

You may use the Synchronize Clips option in Premiere Pro to sync multiple video clips with a master audio. But here you will have to keep the video clips on separate tracks for the sync function to work with multiple video clips.

You may refer to this video to see it in action (at around 2:10 mark). Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I ended up doing it manually, and even that was hard because I am not familiar enough even with navigation.. I actually saw this video before, but didn't understand it. But, after doing it manually, I finally understood the video. So, both responses helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Summeet, 

This is not a solution since that process is 100 % broken and PROBABLY works about 10 % of the time. 

No one in Adobe since to have a clue about this issue or just dont care enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines