Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync in Premiere - Help!

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I shot a commercial and had the DIT on set make proxies. The proxies were delivered lowres mp4 with audio sync'd. The raw files remaining native raw on the hard drive.

Into Premiere we go, cutting with the proxies, and I have arrived at a good first draft. Now i'm ready to upscale it, hoping I could sync the picture for the colorist and the audio for the sound mixer.

BUT, I can't seem to find a way to sync it all and reflect in my edit. I'm able to do a 'multicam' sync (it's not a multicam shoot), creating new sync'd files, but that output won't reflecting in the proxy edit I've already made.

Can you help? Sync experts welcome! Thank you.

O

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

If you've gotten to a fine cut with proxy files, the next step would be to select the proxy files in the Project tab or Bin tab, right-click and then choose Proxy > Reconnect Full Resulution Media; however, you may have inadvertantly created your Sequence at the proxy file settings and will need to correct for that.

The Premiere Pro Proxy Workflow is designed to import the Full Resolution media and then create or attached the Proxy file such that all editing is done at the Full Resolution sett

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Many thanks for that. I think ultiamtely i need to rebuild the edit with the sync'd files. No two ways around that. I'll ask the DIT to ingest and sync the files into a premiere project so that it can be readied quite nicely for the editor to media manage for the edit. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've gotten to a fine cut with proxy files, the next step would be to select the proxy files in the Project tab or Bin tab, right-click and then choose Proxy > Reconnect Full Resulution Media; however, you may have inadvertantly created your Sequence at the proxy file settings and will need to correct for that.

The Premiere Pro Proxy Workflow is designed to import the Full Resolution media and then create or attached the Proxy file such that all editing is done at the Full Resolution settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for that. I think ultiamtely i need to rebuild the edit with the sync'd files. No two ways around that. I'll ask the DIT to ingest and sync the files into a premiere project so that it can be readied quite nicely for the editor to media manage for the edit. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines