• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncying 2 Multicam video from 2 person automatically

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start with a little background. Me and my friend record a podcast at different location (Nepal and Netherlands). Then we sync our videos to correct timing and put them together. All is fine but only problem is that I have to manually edit the video based on the audio (either mine on the front or his video on the front based on who is speaking). I put them on two layers and remove the unwanted video based on audio information.  Sometimes the conversation is about an hour long and we both speak after one another in fractions of few seconds. So, I have to make a looooots of cuts and remove/keep the preferred video only. Is there a way premier pro does this automatically based on the audio data.

Basically can premier pro process tow videos based on their audio informaiton?

Please help. This would save a loooot of time to me.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a cool location gig, Netherlands and Nepal, well done!

If you put those two clips into a multi-cam source sequence and use the 'Switch Audio' option, then in your Program monitor you turn on multicam preview and then Multi-cam Audio Follows Video.

As you cut the cameras it will switch to that cameras audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear MyerPj,

First of: Thanks a lot for the feedback.

But Let me re-iterate my problem with some visual to make it more clear.

(Note: I compile the (combined) audio in separate layer, so no need to worry about audio cuts), So, lets focus on video switching only.

Now,

1. I have the two videos (one shot in Nepal, other in Netherlands ) in two layers. They are already synced with claps.

(as you see that during the conversation, the audio spike alternate between two layer based on who is speaking)

2. Now I delete the unwanted layers(whose audio is less significant) manually.

3. Now I have the video that switches based on who is speaking.

This is what I want to automate instead of doing manually.

So, basically delete the video on the layer that has less significant audio compared to the other layer.

Is this possible with premiere (or any other software) ?

adobe q.png

Example of final video:

Rules for Life - Episode 16 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think my first reply was correct. If you use the multi-cam sequence, when you are cutting (in your head you are using the audio for your editing reference), the video will come along also and you'll be done. The multi-cam sequence will bring to the fore the video of the selected track and the selected audio when using the audio follows video. Give it a try.

Create and edit a multi-camera sequence in Premiere Pro

So you will not need something after the audio editing to match the video to it, you will be doing both when you are in essence editing the audio similarly to what you do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experiment this week and come back with conclusions / (or more questions).

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MyerPJ,

NOTE=> Our videos are shot at different location so, they cannot be synced with audio, so I use end point: just for example.

I tried playing with the multicam feature => as shown in the video attached.

But I only get one video on the timeline. I was expecting it to switch between the videos based on the audio info..

for example, at some places the audio level on the current video is very low and i expected it to switch to another video which is not happening. Please help me figure out if something is missing in my video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are missing step 4 and step 5 from the link I sent you above. (You've only done the first 3 steps) A few more clicks and you will have.

4) right-click and use the new sequence from clip.

5) put the multi-cam viewer 'on' button onto your monitor program monitor using the + button.

then turn it on of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MyerPj,

I followed the steps from your link above. This is a nice tool on adobe that I was not aware of. It will save me a lot of time. But still!! back to my original question. While using multicam recording; I have to switch manually between the clips while they play. I was looking if the software would do that automatically (so i dont have to press 1 2 on the multicam record session) based on the audio dominance between the two clips. (the clip with the higer audio amplitue will be shown on top). I would expect the software to do this with some intelligence (to avoid video change on every spike level every other second...). Is this possible?

The answers here are already of great help by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Junki,

Glad that helps. But around here we are video editors, so this is what we do and there are no tools to edit the program for you!

Now let's re-read... the original question was that you edited the audio and you didn't want to go back and then have to re-edit the video. So now, you basically play back your program and switch back and forth when one talks or the other and both the audio and video will be done when you do that. So, only one pass to get it both done. You were happy doing the audio and you still do that now but you get both for the price of one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPj is right - you really should be using multicam workflow, this is exactly what it is designed for and does well. It seems like you are trying to organise things manually when all it is doing is slowing you down and making more work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jun, i understand perfectly you.
I need same solution, and i find on all web.
This help we, but no is a solution: https://www.autocut.fr/en/

Multicam not works well for my need.
I am a podcaster, and i need to cut the camera depending who speaks.

This extension help much to find start and end cuts of each speaks
But one manual job is necessary after to enable and disable each track

I find this another plugin, but i still not tested: https://www.timebolt.io/blog/timebolt-premiere-pro-extension
Ambos têm um mesmo princípio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines