Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System compatibilty report: Intel UHD 630

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

A week ago I was forced to switch laptops due to hardware failures (not related to adobe software), however this has opened up a whole new set of issues...

As the title says, I get the system compatibilty report error with the Intel UHD Graphics 630 when I start up Premiere Pro (2020). I followed the instructions, however my laptop manufacturer (HP) has some "standards" when it comes to drivers. Basically I can't download ANY drivers for my cpu and more (so far only my dedicated GPU allows me to download drivers) so I can't download drivers from intel, only from the HP driver updater. I did that but it seems that it wasn't good enough because I still get the error. The laptop has a dedicated GPU as well so I decided to just continue despite the error. Sadly, even though it kinda works, the laptop bluescreens quite frequently while using Premiere so it's definitely causing issues. I honestly don't know if it's the dedicated GPU that's causing the BSODs or the Intel integrated graphics, but it seems logical to me it has to do with the error from the integrated graphics... How would I fix this without being able to manually get the drivers? If that would've even worked but hey, can't test it. Photoshop has not given me any issues so far, only Premiere.

Thank you for reading and hopefully someone can help me with this, I included the SystemCompatibilityReport file as well.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add:

I just experienced some issues adding effects and the preview just didn't wanna show with the effects, but if I disable the effects it's fine. Pretty sure that's a direct effect of the graphics card issue... I really can't edit much like this so I really hope anyone has some sort of fix or workaround for this 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can disable one of the gpu's and that might help.  Unfortunately I don't know how, but do some searching here and if you can't find anything do some googling.  Or perhaps someone with better windows chops than I have will pipe up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's why:

HP, like most big-name laptop manufacturers, use brand-customized versions of the Intel drivers that make it very difficult, if not entirely impossible, to install generic Intel drivers. In particular, HP will let you download the generic Intel driver but will not let you install that driver at all from the EXE file (the program will run, but installation will fail with an error message). The Intel program itself will let you know that your system uses an OEM-customized version of the drivers, and then direct you to the OEM's web site.

Unfortunately, HP's driver development has gotten lazy, and for a fairly new HP laptop the most recent available Intel driver may be many versions old (and sometimes several years old). So simply updating to the newest driver version from HP may not fix that compatibility problem.

The only way around this, in this case, would be to download the ZIP version (not the EXE version) of the latest Intel driver file from the Intel web site, then extract the contents of the ZIP file to a convenient folder with a name that you can choose. Then, you will need to go into the Windows Device Manager, and install the driver for the HD Graphics 630 there. When installing, specify "Have Disk" instead of letting Windows automatically select the driver, and then navigate to the folder where you unzipped the downloaded driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines