I usually work on short videos (up to 10 minutes) with projects that can reach up to 40gb. I have two questions:
1. I'm going to have to start working on a very small screen (10-12) and wondered whether there's anybody with experience on the matter? Is it possible to edit on a 12' screen?
2. Right now i'm working on an i-7 16gb computer and it handles the software with ease. Does anybody know if an i-5 or 8 gb processor can also do the trick?
Thank you very much for your answer! Quick follow-ups:
1. I thought about getting "Microsoft Surface Pro 7" or an "Apple Ipad pro". If ill get the microsoft one, Ill have to gor with i-7. But what about Apples M1 chip? Does Adobe even work on Mac?
2. In the link you sent it says "8GB ram" is minimum requirement. On what projects does it not enough?
3. Small screens can have a resolution of 2736x1824 so there should be no problem there. I wanted to know if anybody here ever tried to work on a small screen?
1. Premiere wont run on a ipad, but it does run on a Mac.
2. You need at least 16 to edit HD.
3. IMO you cannot edit properly on a very small screen.
I see. This seem like very bad news for me.
Are you sure about those answers? I don't mean to question your knowledge but the information I get here will really get what product I buy and its a 2000 dollar decision...
1. So you Premiere CAN'T run on I-pad? Is it because of the processor? The M1 is supposably equivalent to i-7.
2. So 8GB can't even edit 720?
3. All right, Ill take it into consideration. I hope I'll get some more users sharing their exp on that.
I could really use some more help on this issue. It seems at this point it's impossible to use Premiere on an I-pad (even the new ones) or edit on a 12' screen? Can anybody comment on that?
I agree with what Ann said.