• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template Clips for new Sequences

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to make sequence presets. That's not what I'm asking about.

I'm making a series of videos that share the same elements, and I want to streamline my workflow by having every new sequence start with the same intro clip, watermark/logo fade-in, and track names all in the same place.

I can copy-paste clips in new sequences, but over multiple sequences this process is too slow, and I have to rename every track in each new sequence to match the previous one. How can I streamline this?

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

You duplicate sequences by copy paste in the project panel, or by pressing ctrl and dragging. You DON'T create duplicates by dragging the sequence into create new item button in the project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would put all the elements in a sequence and leave it in the project panel. After that, I will duplicate that sequence whenever I want to create a new sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention this in the OP, I tried that too. But once I duplicate the sequence, the elements in the new sequence are nested into one track. It also doesn't carry over the number of tracks and track names I created in the original sequence. I don't know why Premiere does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You duplicate sequences by copy paste in the project panel, or by pressing ctrl and dragging. You DON'T create duplicates by dragging the sequence into create new item button in the project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohh that works now. I was duplicating by dragging the sequence to the new item button. Habit I picked up from Photoshop. I thought Premiere always duplicates the same way now matter how you do it. Thank you for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To duplicate, right click on the sequence in the project panel and choose "duplicate" in the drop down menu. This will result in a new sequence with the words copy 01 (or similar) added.  You are doing something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines