Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Color Not Selecting Correctly with Eyedropper to Match PNG Image

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a video and I imported an icon I made in photoshop. The icon is made with the color #e9d283 in photoshop. When I first imported the icon, it showed up much darker. The type however appears correct to the color I wanted.

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 1.18.24 PM.png

Then I turned on the mode "Display Color Management" and that made the icon I imported appear the correct color. Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 1.15.53 PM.png

It did, however, make text no longer appear correctly. When changing the color of the text, even using the eyedropper tool, the text shows up so much lighter. I even changed the text by inputting the exact same hex code and it still appears this way.

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 1.15.02 PM.png

So I'm at a loss. Either I get the icon to look correct or I get the text to look correct. 

I'm going crazy and not sure what I can do to make my imported image and my text to be the same color.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Rec.709 or 'normal' video uses the sRGB primaries and color space. Make sure your Photoshop is set to use sRGB (or Rec.709 if it's an option) for when you create that file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly242043522k2k,

We're sorry to hear about this. Are you exporting the icon/image from Photoshop in .png format? If so, what is its Color Profile in Photoshop? Also, let us know the image mode set in Photoshop (Image > Mode).

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rec.709 or 'normal' video uses the sRGB primaries and color space. Make sure your Photoshop is set to use sRGB (or Rec.709 if it's an option) for when you create that file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was it. The color space was set to REc. 2100 HLG and I had to change it to Rec.709

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines