• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappears when sizing

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out. Anytime I add a text layer in Premier the text is only visable if the font is 187pts or greater. As soon as I drop to 186 or lower it is gone. I have tried new projects, reinstalling Premier, updating my graphics card, using Adobe CC cleaner to remove everything and nothing seems to work. It has to be a system issue, but I don't know where to look. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

After much digging I found the issue. One of the fonts installed on my windows profile was corrupt. Once it was removed everything works fine again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you start out with a text box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started with a new text box. I have also tried to use one of the essential graphics templates and teh text does not appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size sequence do you have displayed? With a new 1920x1080 sequence, select the text tool, and then click without dragging the cursor and start typing, what happens with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is 1920x1080. When I click the text box I get a red bounding box line at the top of the screen (see image) and get no font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not understand at first: font size 186 not visible; 187 visible.

Do you have any special scaling on the monitor/graphics card settings?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not, and it is not consitent in what the size of the font needs to be to be visiable. Friday it was 187 minimum. Today it is 259.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making the text without drawing a textbox first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that. It doesn't show up at all then, no matter the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround I have found for now is that legacy text layers work just fine. This isn't a long-term solution, but it will get this project done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much digging I found the issue. One of the fonts installed on my windows profile was corrupt. Once it was removed everything works fine again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back on the solution! Now I just have to remember that is an issue to explore for such symptoms!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines