• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text getting clipped without mask

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing my video for yt when this started happening. I am adding the position animation to the text, as I move the position slider the text is not moving but at that position, some invisible mask is being created. If I hold and move the text with the move tool the text is coming out of the mask, and sometimes it is getting chopped as well.
I deleted the text layer and added it again, the same thing. closed and reopen premier pro still same.
I have premiere pro 2022
Windows 10, 
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz, RAM- 16.0 GB
(Its a gaming PC)

Adding the issue video.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which control are you using to move the text. Try with a brand new project, just a clip and a piece of text, see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in the Effect Controls panel or the Essential Graphics panel?

Is it possible that you're moving the whole layer and then moving the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving it from the text layer as I have to add the keyframes for animation.
We can't add that from the Essential Graphics. or can we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

* I mean from the effects panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when working with essential graphics, there are 3 places to change the position of the text, the vector, the text layer itself and the video position.

What you are experiencing is normal behaviour, as you are moving the position of the video, which controls the edge of that video, so after moving the text or the vector, you have to keep in mind that your edges have also moved and this is why it is being cropped.

The solution is to keep the position of the video as is, and adjust the position of the text itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving from the effect controls as I need to animate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines