• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is randomly disappearing when I try to type specific words in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering a problem that is extremely infuriating and doesn't make any sense. I'm literally just trying to add a text box that says "(without flights and visas)" and for some reason, every time I get to the "L" in "flights," my text box just disappears. I've tried restarting the program and restarting my computer and the same problem occurs. I tried getting rid of any hotkeys related to the "L," and I tried typing other things like "like" or "loser" and it doesn't have any problems. However, if I get rid of the "(without" part and just try to type "flights," the text automatically disappears when I get to the "L." I even tried typing out what I wanted to put in Google Docs and copying and pasting it into the text box, and it immediately disappears. Extremely annoying, so please, if anyone has any idea what's going on, please let me know.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem again trying to type "flying." Is it possible I have some kind of short key set up that I don't know about? I tried looking at shortkeys, but couldn't find anything. It seems to be related to any words that begin with "FL" for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jordan Chou wrote on Dec 21, 2022 and 16 Feb 2023

Extremely annoying, so please, if anyone has any idea what's going on, please let me know

I've moved your post from Premiere Clip (which reached end of life four years ago) to Premiere Pro for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a problem for ligatures.

For more information, see my 3 posts here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adding-caption-crash-premiere/m-p/13071298#M...

The main workarounds are to turn ligatures off or to change font.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines