• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Tool sporadic since latest upgrade - V22.2.0 Build 128

Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since applying the latest upgrade the Text tool seems to be really fussy as to when I can/can't put a new simple bit of text on a project. Like I need to click elsewhere in the timeline, cycle tools then MAYBE Text will work. Anyone else getting this irratic behaviour with Text since the latest update? Used to be first time , every time and the ONLY change here is the fact I applied an update. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Have you checked your GPU card firmware status? Is a new update available?

Have you tried resetting preferences?

Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same build. Win 10. Tried a variety of things, and I can't get it to do anything other than add text.

Any guesses as to what is more likely to create the problem? Any other issues?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

Whats weird is that captions click in + edit every time perfectly fine. But basic text / T clicks dont always bite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your GPU card firmware status? Is a new update available?

Have you tried resetting preferences?

Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Richard van den Boogaard  , have just run latest NVidia update just now, there was an update. Checked again but nothing now pending. Have also just done Alt+Click to reset prefs.

Hmmm, does appear to be snappier already. I wonder if the preferences had just gotten all gunked up? I'll take that as the fix for now. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolve for myself. It has been causing numerous issues with getting work completed in a timely manner, adding hours upon attempts to do something that should be extremely simply. I get the red outline, but only underneath the text. Yes, I'm completely updated, resetting preferences, every work around and only SOMETIMES it will allow me to do it ONCE, then not again. What is the resolve for this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue.  Ever since the update to the lastest version of Premiere the text tool is sporatic.  Now it will not work at all.  All my Mac updates are current, and my desktop is virually empty.  I have cloesed evertything out and rebooted. Nothing helps.  I wish I could go back to the last version of Premiere; this was never an issue.  I suppose three weeks from now someone will respond to this with a useless response.  I am not impressed with Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines