Text Tool sporadic since latest upgrade - V22.2.0 Build 128

Participant ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since applying the latest upgrade the Text tool seems to be really fussy as to when I can/can't put a new simple bit of text on a project. Like I need to click elsewhere in the timeline, cycle tools then MAYBE Text will work. Anyone else getting this irratic behaviour with Text since the latest update? Used to be first time , every time and the ONLY change here is the fact I applied an update. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022
Have you checked your GPU card firmware status? Is a new update available? Have you tried resetting preferences? Please let us know.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same build. Win 10. Tried a variety of things, and I can't get it to do anything other than add text.

Any guesses as to what is more likely to create the problem? Any other issues?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

Whats weird is that captions click in + edit every time perfectly fine. But basic text / T clicks dont always bite.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your GPU card firmware status? Is a new update available?

Have you tried resetting preferences?

Please let us know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Richard van den Boogaard  , have just run latest NVidia update just now, there was an update. Checked again but nothing now pending. Have also just done Alt+Click to reset prefs.

Hmmm, does appear to be snappier already. I wonder if the preferences had just gotten all gunked up? I'll take that as the fix for now. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines