• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The audio clip restarts on itself

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 1hr 30min long audio clip of a wedding ceremony that was fine when editing it and have been taking sound bites from it for the video. 2 weeks later, today, I open it and realise the audio on the video is all over the place and not the romantic sound bites I had previously chosen but just random parts during the ceremony.

I checked the original file and compared it to the Premiere Pro file and noticed at about 20 minutes in the PP file loops back to the start so it's now a 1hr 50min long clip and all my audio is 20 minutes out of sync.

Ideally, I'd love to sort the original file in PP to remove the first 20 minutes and hope the clips on the timeline would sync up. Alternatively is there a way to check what the timecode for each of the timeline clips is so I can just add 20 mins on and re-add the sound? The problem I have is I can't remember what the clips I picked were or where they are in this 90 min long audio file and really can't be arsed re-editing the video.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have backups or autosaves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do but even the earliest autosave when I first used the audio clip has this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @Peru Bob suggested, you may need to go back to one of the auto-save projects inside the Auto-save folder.

If you have upgraded to the CC2023 version in between, please consider starting a new project and then import the previous (auto-save) version of the project inside.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this but the audio file still loops at 20 minutes in. All the auto-saves have looped audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this exact issue. 
For the past two projects I've worked on, everything is fine, then at some point I go to reopen my project and certain audio clips that I've selected restart at the beginning on the interview. With the other project, I edited the music at certain points to loop and each cut segment is restarting at the beginning on the song. 
I've tried opening the project (as well as auto-saves) on 3 different systems (Mac and PC) and nothing works. 
I've tried clearing cache, deleted cache files, resetting preferences, I cannot for the life of me figure out what is happening. I've also asked 3 of my editor colleagues and no one has experienced this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case you might want to check out these threads. It sounds somewhat similar - (the clips going back to the beginning) however, the cause may be different. But have a look:

Here's the original one

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/text-based-editing-reseting-clips-to-starting-frame...

And Adobe responds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/known-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines