Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The hard drive I am using to edit off randomly disconnects

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So when I am using premiere pro, my harddrive randomly disconnects sometimes. I am not really sure what is causing it. The only way to solve this problem is to restart the computer. 

This only happen when using premiere pro, anyone know what could be causing these crashes? 

Cheers, 

Arthur 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

If I were to guess, I would say the drive isn't getting enough power and it "shuts down" sort off thing. Then it realizes it's fine and starts back up. Sounds a bit like a faulty drive or at least one that can't handle the load the premiere gives it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were to guess, I would say the drive isn't getting enough power and it "shuts down" sort off thing. Then it realizes it's fine and starts back up. Sounds a bit like a faulty drive or at least one that can't handle the load the premiere gives it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I think that might be the case. I have moved the clips to my main computer and since then I have had no problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines