• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The morph cut effect is preventing nesting of clips in Premier Pro CC 2017 (11.1.1)

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The morph cut effect is preventing nesting of clips in Premier Pro CC 2017 (11.1.1). This did not seem to be an issue on previous version of Premier.

If I have a morph cut effect in a series of clips and I select them and try to nest them, it will bring up the box where I can name the nest. I usually don't name it so it will be called "Nested Sequence xx" (xx is the next number in the sequence of nests. Then I hit "Ok" and it does no give an error. However, the series is not nested. And Nested Sequence xx is not in the Project List.

I found out it was the morph cut effect that was stopping it by removing the effect and tying to nest it again, and it worked. I have seen this issue in several projects with different video clips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Contacted Support. They cleaned my media cache and reset the preferences and this seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue on Windows.

Make a new sequence and copy everything over or

Make a new project and import the old one in.

See if that will make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted Support. They cleaned my media cache and reset the preferences and this seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. Every time I try to nest clips that have morph cut, the system freezes and goes gray screen. Have to restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same for me.  super frustrating.  only fix i found is export that section and remove all instances of morph cut from timeline.  premiere version 2021 versino 15.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines