• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new project creation screen is terrible. Please, oh please change it.

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro 22.5 and it's absoutely terrible at creating a new project.  The media autodiscovery feature was obviously dreamed up by a developer who never thought to test it on a computer that actually had a reasonable amount of content on it.

The only way to stop the process is to right-click in the lower-left corner and select "clear all" from a context menu.  By the way, there is absolutely nothing in the UI to indicate that you can do this.  This is a classic example of a "mystery meat" UI.

Please, please change or remove this feature at once. It's not a good idea, and damn near sets my computer on fire before I can finally get it to respond to a right mouse click and select "clear all".  

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't use it, there's no reason you should. And you've got no idea who it was made for either, which is fine ... none of us did. And they never expected experienced users with typical projects would ever use that page.

In all the years I've used Pr, I think I once set the rest of the items they used to have there in the old start a project dialog ... period. All the cache/file storage options. Now those other details are all in the Project/Production options.

What did you used to do ... Name/Location/Create, right?

Well ... just do that now. Type a Name, select a Location, make sure nothing is selected in the middle section nor 'blue' selected at the right ... click Create.

And a new project opens, just like always.

The new page was built for example TV newsroom use where you come in, they've got several folders for different 'stories', you've got very little time to make them into snippets for use. Say a 2-minute edit. 1-minute, and 30-second cut.

Each story has a folder with talking head clips, the on-the-spot shots, some graphics. So this page is incredibly quick for that work. And corporate explainer work also.

You and I will probably never need it, so ... don't. Just do what you've always done. Now if they just gave us a tab to the Create button rather than having to mouse, I'd be happy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines