• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Premiere UI (Mac) lagging

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing with Premiere on a MacBook Air (M1 but with onlz 8GB ram). I noticed the animations of the UI started lagging. Make an edit, click done and it takes a second or 2 for the edit box to "fade" - it doesn't do it smoothly, like it used to.

Now I've upgraded to a MacBook Pro 2023 M2 Max - it's much better but it still does this. It's not really a massive problem but still - I'm using a pretty fast laptop now and it's still struggling with the UI animations. Anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thirdcontact,

We're sorry for the poor experience. A similar issue related to lagging animations in macOS Ventura is currently being investigated by the engineering team. Could you confirm which version of Premiere Pro you're currently using? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 23.1

I've also just had Premiere cause the same MacBook to run out of application memory exporting a very simple edit that doesn't even have any grading done. Just some animated titles and 4K iphone footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming the version. The engineering team is currently working on this issue. I don't have any information on when this will get fixed, but it shouldn't affect the performance of your system. Could you share more details on your Mac running out of application memory? Is it the M2 Max or the Macbook Air? Do you see this in a specific project or all projects? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a Apple M2 Max with 32GB memory.

It happened 1 time and hasn't happened again. I guess it would be good to clean instal Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that! Let us know if you see the issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formet MAC system and clean install MAC OS Ventura 13.1.
Installed Creative cloud and Premiere pro. 

Except for those two, I didn't install anything else.
But the problem of fading out the UI slowly has not been solved.

Occurrence rate has decreased since update to 23.2, but it often happens.

My system
- M1 MAC STUDIO ultra [ 20 core CPU / 48 core GPU / 128G MEMORY] - OSX Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Could you share more details on the issue? Do dialog boxes take too long to close in Premiere Pro? Do you see the problem only when you close boxes? Let us know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, only when I close the box.
The box was closing.
When the transparency is fading out to about 40~50%,
It program freeze for about 0.5 to 1 second.

By the way.
There is another serious bug that started with version 23.1.
I would appreciate it if you could check the contents in the link below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you give me your email address, I will send you a video reproducing the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team is working on a similar issue related to the delay in closing animations on macOS Ventura. I currently don't have any information on when it will get fixed. Thanks for sharing the information and being so patient with us. I'll let you know if we need more information regarding the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing lag in 2023. Fresh Premiere Pro install, Macbook Pro 16" and Windows PC with i7 13700k/GTX2080TI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob,

Sorry to hear about this. Is the user interface lagging, or do you experience lag while previewing as well? Do you only see the issue while closing dialog boxes, or does it lag while doing other actions, like scrolling the timeline and opening sequences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User interface is lagging mainly, especially with things like adjusting clip lengths, scrolling across the timeline, zooming in etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth noting, deleting/clearing Premiere Pro preferences fixed the issue temporarily, but it very quickly went back to being super sluggish and slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro you're on? Do you still see the issue if you close and reopen the active sequence? A similar problem was fixed in Premiere 23.2. Let us know if this issue looks familiar to what you're experiencing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact Premiere Pro version is 23.2.0 (Build 69)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your current Nvidia Driver version? Could you try installing the 517.40 Studio Drivers and let us know if that makes any difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this for my Windows machine. However, my Macbook Pro has an AMD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Is the issue with the UI identical in both systems? Do you have any third-party plugins installed? What's the activity monitor like when you experience lag with the user interface? If possible, a screen recording could help us understand the issue better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response. No third-party plugins are installed. It's difficult to compare the two systems because the Windows machine is a 16-core 13th gen Intel chip and dedicated RTX GPU whereas the Macbook is a 2019 8-core 9th gen i9 with mobile AMD graphics. However, performance is still worse than it should be.

Next time I'm working in Premiere and experience the issue, I'll get a screen recording and upload here.

Just thought I'd add, I'm working in Premiere today and it actually seems OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details. Let us know if you see the issue again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines