• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The project file has been modified since last save. So you wish to continue?

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message most times when I do a Ctl-S.  I am getting it with PP CC 13.1 but never got it before in earlier releases.  I have searched this in the forum already and others have had the same problem but there has been no solution offered.  I'm running Windows 10.  After getting this "Project Modified" message, I hit "OK" and the Save occurs.  This is a worthless message because of course, I want to save the file.  Is there no way to turn this message off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Hit OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Must have done something to get the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it off with no luck so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I know to do that to continue on and save but that message has not always appeared and don't it show every time I want to save the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann!  Super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here it's really annoying as I'm always saving...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset to saved layout will fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work on my end.  Still lame message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Save a Copy. Close the current project and open your copy save. Should go away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me whenever I open more than one project. Only solution I've felt comfortable in as of yet is saving a Copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that this happens if I edit the name of the .prproj file while the project is open.

In my case I was working on a post-crash recovery copy; after cleaning up the save folders I deleted the original and retitled the recovery copy that I had been working on. After making that change, it would give me the "The project file has been modified since last save..." message. I just hit OK > closed the project > then reopened from my project folder. Now I save with no issues! Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines