• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Shortcut for Clearing Selected Marker in Premiere Pro not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, just tried the Clear Current Marker shortcut in Premiere Pro - Ctrl Alt M, which should remove the selected marker. It no longer works? Not sure is this is a current bug? I know that I need to be on the Marker for this to work. The only way to now remove a Marker is to Jump to it > Right Click > Select Clear Current Marker in the pop out menu. Or do the same under the Markers menu. Not ideal however. I much prefer using the shortcut. Reason is that I've mapped this shortcut on my Razor Tartarus keyboard. All other shortcuts seem to be working. I deleted the shortcut in the Keyboard shortcut preferences and then added it back in again. That still hasn't worked either.

So pressing the M key places the marker. The Jump to Next Marker (Shift M) shortcut still works. So does the Jump to Previous Marker (Ctrl Shift M). But for some reason the Clear Current Marker shortcut no longer works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the actual shortcut (not mapped) work?  Pressing all three keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the actual Shortcut of Ctrl Alt M isn't working anymore. It used to work fine for removing a Marker. Basically I could jump to the Marker and then use the shortcut to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me. Try assigning a different shortcut to it, you might be having keyboard trouble with that combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went ahead and assigned a different shortcut to clear a Marker. I assigned it to Shift Alt M. What happens is that the Marker is cleared, but now the Marker Pop Up Menu opens up. It's as if it's trying to suggest that it should be assigned to the Ctrl Alt M. Anyway, resetting it back to the Ctrl Alt M doesn't work. But going under the Marker Menu and going down to the Remove Current Marker in the Marker menu is the only way to now remove a current marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should test whether the Ctrl Alt M shortcut works in other apps. If it doesn't, it's likely a hardware issue with your keyboard.

Alt Shift M is opening the menu because Windows uses the Alt key as a shortcut to the menus. In Premiere, M is assigned to the Markers menu, so Alt+M opens it.

You can work around this by using a shortcut that doesn't trigger anything else - Alt ' for e.g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm still having this issue, for a year now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Will let you know if I find the problem. In the free version of Da Vinci Resolve you just press 'Delete' when clicked on the Marker. Quite frustrating having moved to the paid verison of Adobe Premiere Pro to be searching for a fix to such a basic issue.

Angelo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, sometimes it changes to the what version you are using.  After having moved to 2023 version, this kind of problems were solved on my end. I used to experience similar keyboard, shortcut problems either. 

CTRL+ALT+M is working for me. But in older versions, I could not  go to the cutting points by arrow (up, left...etc),

but know it is OK too. Sorry for not helping with a definite solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can setting shortcut key. Clear selected marker to Alt + Delete. It is best setting I think. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines