• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The theory of relativity

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically... Ever since October 26th, 2021 and the massive update to all the Adobe software, I have noticed something. This help forum has become a complete and utter shitshow. Countless legions of people reporting bug after bug, glitch after glitch, of a video editing program, that is not a video editing program anymore. It is a program... That does nothing. And we the consumers who rely on this software, like myself, are left twiddling our thumbs, being unable to do our work, until they release a patch to fix what they broke. I'm honestly wondering what goes on in the coding engineers who design these pieces of software. This is supposed to be a regular, annual occurence where Adobe updates their software and makes it better. Instead there break it, burn it, and sell it to us expecting us to create content with it. This mirrors events where like Steve Jobs goes on stage, being filmed, at a huge event, in front of all of his company's investors, to advertise his new product, and it bursts into flames when he presses the power button. At the end of the day, I feel sorry for the moderators of this website. They are the ones who have to comb through all of these complaints listing out all of the deffective issues with this new software that makes it completely unusable. And it's truly incredible. There's a new or same bug or glitch reported and posted to this community every 30 minutes all by different people using this product. Adobe you released a BROKEN product! Nothing works. We cannot video edit until you fix it. I could go on and on about all the bugs people are reporting and this post would go on forever. We cannot export videos, we cannot link our media to Aftereffects, Playback isn't working, clips are not loading. I wonder if this version was even beta tested by your quality checking team? Or do you even have one? Are we your quality check team? 

I made a post on this forum 2 days ago about my problem with Adobe Premiere 2022. I even did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software hoping it would fix the problem. It did not. And still no employee of Adobe has bothered to answer my post I put on this community to tell me how to fix the problem. I even reached out to Adobe on Twitter. I got a response, but I'm guessing their social media intern took one look at these forums and handed in their resignation letter. Because this is absolutely pointless! Adobe, EVERYTHING IS BROKEN. FIX IT NOW!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is primarily provided for user-to-user peer support. And so us peers don't happen to have direct links to the development teams or magic wands. We're other users.

Rants are fine, of course ... feel free! I've posted some epic ones here on occasion myself. It's a part of Life in video post production it seems.

But there are a few things I would add. First ... I learned a long time ago never to equate what's happening on my rig and/or a few others into what's happening on all users. I've had bad bugs that only affected a select few and gee, how special it was to be one of the select few. Ahem. (Not!)

They ran nearly all parts of the 2022 release through the public beta for months. It's amazing how somehow the final 'polish' seems to have resulted in problems that did not appear in the public beta. But it was heavily used by thousands of users around the world for months.

And many of us are having no troubles in 2022 ... my 24-core Threadripper is eating it like candy. So it isn't nearly a situation where all users are having troubles. For those like yourself that are, it's nasty.

However ... wise computer work always involves never updating until you've tested the new software. Users of the CC apps from Adobe do have the choice to update or not via the CC Desktop app's settings. I make sure the "auto-update" option is not selected, and I make sure when I do update the 'remove previous versions' option is also unchecked.

I don't commit client/working projects to a new version until I've been able to test it and see that it works. I've had a couple versions of PrPro where I waited up to six months to update as there was a bug affecting my hardware or media or combination thereof.

I shoot primarily on a Black Magic pocket cinema 4k, and use BlackMagic's Resolve also. I teach pro colorists how to do color in PrPro when they have to for whatever reason, and communicate routinely with a lot of colorists based in Resolve. And frequent the BM forums also.

Resolve's 17.4 just released was a major update, new features and all. And many users are doing fine.

However ... many aren't. There's a major list of issues being posted on the BM forum. And BM rushed out a patch, 17.4.1, to fix the many issues. Which as noted by major colorist Mark Todd Osborne, actually was worse than the 17.4 version was on their rig.

Well ... most of the colorists I know have a secondary machine that is always where they initially run a new version of Resolve. They never install a version of Resolve on their main working rig until they've tested it thoroughly with their gear and media and it works solidly.

A very wise practice.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines