• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Wrong Footage is Linked When I Open My Project

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've saved my project onto a hard drive and opened it on a new desktop at school. I had to go in a change to an older version of Premiere because it wouldn't let me open it otherwise. Now whenever I link my footage to open the project, it seems that an entirely different project's footage is superimposed over it. I can still see the text from what I want to edit, but now that superimposed footage has taken the properties of what I want to open (it's black and white now, stuff like that). Also, the audio of the new superimposed footage is playing as well. While linking footage I noticed that all my clips for that part of the project are now compiled inside the superimposed footage's file on the hard drive. So what was once only a two-minute video now has thirty-five minutes of footage inside of it. I don't know what to do because those MOV files aren't anywhere else. Is there a way to reverse how the footage was saved and get the original footage back? I'm really freaked out so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the media cache and locating the footage was easier but there's still that footage superimposed over my project, now in color. A different part of the project is perfect now but I still have that main problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have no idea what the problem exactly is. Show some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines