Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

this effect requires gpu acceleration

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

How are things? I have looked through some of the threads about this (and scoured Youtube) to no avail. I am trying to use the basic 'cross zoom' transition and it's giving me the error code (some transitions work, most have this error code). I have it set to GPU acceleration in project settings.

I've rolled back Nvidia drivers, I've tried all sorts of fixes on Youtube but NOTHING works. 

CPU- i7 9700f

GPU - Nvidia 3060 ti

RAM - 32gb DDR4

Is this a hardware issue? I'm stumped...it seems quite a basic transition to use on a very short piece of video which is easily done on any app on my phone, yet it doesn't work in PP.

Any help would be much obliged.

error.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro version 23.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Ann. I was under the impression that 'cross zoom' was NOT a VR effect though. It doesn't have VR before it, nor is it under a section labelled VR. I appreciate this topic comes up quite a lot and you guys are probably fed up replying to these threads but I really don't understand why something like this doesn't work. It doesn't appear to be VR, it's quite a simple transition in a short clip with not much else going on. 

Is the end point that this just doesn't work/isn't meant to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry cross zoom is indeed not a VR transition. Its not even a gpu acc transition.

BTW a cross zoom is usually used as a double sided transition

what is on the adjustment layer?

Try trashing preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

The adjustment layer is just a simple zoom in affect. The cross zoom didn't work before I put that in either. It doesn't work on it's own in the simplest form I can put it on a very short clip....which doesn't seem right. Surely my rig should be able to deal with something as basic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cross zoom is a transition, not an effect.

What effect(s) are applied to the clip (not the adjustment layer)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob, thanks for getting back to me. I've been proactively trying to figure things out...I'm not 100% sure what fixed the issue, possibly some update or setting tweak with Nvidia but it appears to be working okay. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Philly K,

Glad you solved your issue. It's probably something to do with the render order, it can happen with some workflows. The Cross Zoom is a CPU only effect and an intrinsic effect does use the GPU. Nesting can fix the problem, so that the render order is changed. If you run into trouble again, please show us a screenshot of the Effect Controls panel. Good luck.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines