• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a macbook after editing on a pc for a while. Now, whenever I try to open a premiere pro project created on my pc on my mac, I get the error, "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type". Not sure how to figure this out. I want to be able to edit back and forth between my pc and mac. Please help!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. I have tried all three options multiple times and have not found any success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best it to contact support over chat. Ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For any sequence that can't be opened, go back to your Mac and check the preview files settings for the sequence. Change it to something like DVCPRO HD or Cineform GoPro and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of opening the project from the other OS, can you try creating a new project and importing the other project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines