Exit

Time Remapping Premier Pro Version 22.4.0

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get time remapping to work. I can right click effects on the clip

> Choose Time Remapping > Speed.

The two indicators come on, but I can't adjust the speed at that point.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

You have not made a speed-adjustment to the portion before or after the triangles. The portion you're trying to effect is the transition slope which determines the way the speed changes from one to the other point. Without a change in speed, you cannot alter the transition either.

So you have to view this as segment A (before triangle left), segment B (between triangles) and segment C (after triangle right). Drag either A or C up or down and you start to create a Time Remapped edit. With B you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Sorry first time poster, long time viewer!

Mac OS Monterey Version 12.4

MacBook Pro, M1 Max chip with 64gb ram & 4tb drive.

I've tried to time remap on .mov, .mp4 & .MXF files. I'm getting no error messages but the time remapping icon is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which icon? Post sceenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'FX' icon beside Time Remapping near the top left of the pic.

The clip in the timeline 'DJI_0433.MOV' shows the time framing icons, but this is where my issue begins, I can't alter the speed at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried clicking on the gray icon/keyframe in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it turns blue, a line is highlighted and a blue dot with handles comes onto the line. However, none of these do anything. No speed can be altered at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right keyframe is too far to the right. Move it left and pull down the horizontal line right side or the right keyframe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help on this by the way. I've made a quick screen vid of what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not made a speed-adjustment to the portion before or after the triangles. The portion you're trying to effect is the transition slope which determines the way the speed changes from one to the other point. Without a change in speed, you cannot alter the transition either.

So you have to view this as segment A (before triangle left), segment B (between triangles) and segment C (after triangle right). Drag either A or C up or down and you start to create a Time Remapped edit. With B you can determine how the speed changes from A to B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, Richard,

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it. Simple in the end I know but I just couldn't figure it out on my own. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Glad to help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines