Time Remapping with Opacity Leads to Unexpected Results.

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

In Premiere, I have a few clips that use time remapping and which need to fade out or dissolve using the Opacity effect. However, I notice when both the Opacity effect and time remapping are used in the same clip, the opacity doesn‘t really work reliably.

For instance, even though a time remapped clip is set to fade from 100% to 0/% using the Opacity effect, it does not actually do that during playback or even when casually previewing by sliding the playhead in the timeline. Instead, it may go from 100% to only about 20%. Or the opacity may not change at all. Rendering the sequence does not resolve the issue.

Does anyone know why this happens (aside from just more Adobe bugs) and, more importantly, how to have time remapping and opacity both work properly on the same clip?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of complex effects are best done by doing the first part, nesting the clip, and then doing the second. It helps keep processing errors at bay.

So ... do the time remapping, then right-click/Nest the clip, then apply opacity changes.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Neil. That appears to have solved the problem.

Looks as if I’ll need to become very familiar with the Nest feature...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines