• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode & timeline not showing in source window

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is probably somethng dumb I did that I can't fiugure out how to undue as it only effects this one project but my source window is, somehow, too big for the viewer. Thus, the timecode and source-video-timeline are below the bounds of the viewing window. which has me fast forwarding through hour long shows to get the shots I need. I know the timecodes and could type them in except the timecode is below the bottom of the viewing window (I can just barely see the top scanlines of the numbers. I tried the "view" pulldown > "Magnification" which made the viewing window smaller along with the video so the timecode stayed below the bottom of the viewing window :~(

I know there's probably a simple fix that will make me slap my forehead and declair myself an idiot but I'm at a loss for solutions here.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, version 21H1 | OS Build 19043.1110

Premiere Pro Version 15.4.0 (Build 47)

See picture below for reference.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 184406.png

'Anybody know what I need to undo to get this right again?

Thanks!  

~ART~

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Known issue: close panel and open by double-clicking on a clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. I treid that and it didn't work. I even tried pulling that panel out and resetting to see if popping it back into place wouuld help but that didn't work either. It's weird. it's only this one project and I'm now finished with it but a) I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else and b) would love to know a fix incase I do whatever I did to cause this again in a futire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue: close panel and open by double-clicking on a clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Did the suggestion shared by the expert above help you?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Ann Bens' answer worked.

Though, Since I'm writing to an Adobe employee I feel duty-bound to say that if this is a "Known issue" it would be better if this didn't happen ;~)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been around for quite a few versions now.

I once in a while see this, especially on audio clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woow for months I was trying to figure this out and it was driving me crazy!! 

I just gave up my old imac and bought a 4k editing pc,  everything seemed perfect and super fast until I started seeing this bug with the timecode not showing in source window.  I was about to break the new computer thinking it was some windows software issue, but after reading this post,  Carmichael and Ann saved my life =).

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for this thread. i had (have) the same problem. i followed the steps above (closing panel, opening in Source by double clicking a clip). that fixed it but only temporarily. the problem immediately reoccurs if i switch the Workspace layout to another setting or make any adjustments to the panel arrangements. kind of irritating to have to close the source panel every time this happens...and yes, since it is a "known issue" since 2021, why is it still showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline panel under Windows menu is clicked but it is not showing up in the workspace. help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yet here we are years later after this post and the issue is still here.  So glad I pay monthly for this subscription ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines