Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Timecode between AE and Premiere is wrong

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with proxies assigned to .R3D media.  

If I export an AE project as Premier... or copy/paste assets across the programs, my footage is changing from proper time code to 00:00:00:00 for each clip.

If I locate the proxies or the .R3D manually and import them into Premiere the time code is correct, it's only when I move from AE to Premier.

I can't find any known bugs on this topic... would really appreciate some insight into what is causing this!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment here from the Adobe team?

This is a significant issue.

Revealing properties shows the correct metadata is in the clip properties but it's being replaced by 00: timecode in the media start/end properties.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is a user-to-user resource primarily. Not a place for chatting (in general) with the devs. We're almost all just peers of yours.

You might want to check a new and amazingly useful document, Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide ... as they do have cross-application and turnover sections there. Including a ton of stuff about keeping timecodes functional.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I've had direct response from support and devs on this forum in the past, although mostly on the AE side, reported bugs that led to documented fixes, etc...

.R3D clips between AE -> Premier are pasting across with correct timecode.
Proxies as standalone files are also pasting across with correct timecode.

However, .R3D files with assigned proxies do NOT carry timecode even though the correct timecode is in the metadata of the clip that is pasted in Premiere.

This is a possible bug, a workflow limitation or a possible oversight and I was hoping support could chime in or there was a batch fix to this problem.  Perhaps it's because it's dropping the Reel name in the transfer:

i.e...
Timecode data block #1:
Start Time = 14:17:13:16
Reel name =

For these clips in question, timecode is not modifiable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Devs do occasionally pop in here, but not very often. Maybe more on the Ae forum. And in my experience, asking Pr/Ae/Pr workflow questions, I tend to get more knowledgeable and quicker results on the Ae forum.

And yea, that behavior you're listing seems completely odd ... it probably isn't his 'gig', but @Bruce Bullis is awfully sweet about checking on these pro issues.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines