• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode Effect not working on one Mac

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Timecode effect is not working. Trying to send interview soundbites for review with source timecode as fererence.

I place the TC effect on the clip and only get the field indicator. If I shut of the field indicator, I get nothing. Adjusted all the settings.  Settings match the sequence. Tried Black/Transparent/Adjustment layers. Tried setting the render to Software only. I tried both PP2020 and 2021. All the same results. Tried outputting it with the timecode burn filter and got nothing. Used different media. Created a new project. No luck.

I plugged the drive into 2 other macs and it worked as soon as the project opened. I even went to output it and got 2 burns because the output filter setting was still on. So it's specific to this Mac.

I'm on a clients Imac Pro.  Catlina. 128G  Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB.

Here's the broken display. Thanks for any thoughts.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 4.31.18 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off hardware acceleration and switch to software rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of applying the Timecode effect to a clip on the timeline, consider placing either an Adjustment layer on top of all the clips in the sequence (this will generate a timecode that spans longer than a single clip). However, the effect will show 01:00:00:00 as your timecode. If you want 00:00:00:00, you should use the timecode effect on a transparent video layer.

However, an easier way to get timecode is to add it as an effect in the Export page by twirling down the Effects section and choosing Timecode overlay.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines