• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode Overlays not showing up in Media Encoder - obsolete TC effect ng with 100fps

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks

I am trying to send my client raw footage with BITC, but the problem is Media Encoder does not show the source clip TC using the built in TC filter... "media file" simply shows timeline running time... which is of no use to me... I need the source timecode.

If I use the obsolete TC effect in Premiere, it does not support 100fps, only up to 60fps... so that does not work either. Surely the Program Monitor Overlays should be able to remain when encoding? I cannot see how to do that.

Help please someone!

Thanks, 
Mark.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Program Monitor overlay is not carried over for encoding. Its just for preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way on Premiere to get 100fps source timecode burnt in to exported media? 

That seems very hard to believe... good lord!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta might give you what you want.

Effect self is also still in beta: Metadata + timecode burn in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann,

That's really lame Adobe... I see this has been in Beta for over a year now.

I used Snagit to do a video screen grab of the program monitor playing back the overlay... why on earth can't that be simply sent to Encoder!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines