• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode Unreadable

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage imported from a Sony camera (exact model unknown) is missing the timecode for every clip from a recent production. In Premiere, all clips start at 0:00:00:00. Strangly, this issue is present for files from both cameras used on the day. When I informed the camera operators something was wrong, they sent me another clip from a few weeks ago to compare - and this one maintained the timecode.

On their end, they said the footage does have the timecode, and when viewed with DeVinci Resolve or Sony's Catalyst Browse software, the timecode is readable. I was able to confirm the Catalyst findings too. As you can see in the image below, I have a clip in Premiere that displays a start time of 0:00:00:00, the same clip in Catalyst is 9:56:46:00 (as expected). The "old clip with timecode..." is the sample they sent me from a few weeks go which is displaying timecode correctly.

HeyBishop_0-1668269695599.png

I can confirm Edit>Preferences>Media>Timecode is set to "Use Media Source".

And, Clip>Modify Clip>Timecode shows the timecode starting at 0:00:00:00, and "Original Timecode" is the only option.

HeyBishop_1-1668270031686.png

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? I need to see original timecode, or I can't sync my footage.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fergus H  might be able to assist on this ... or @Averdahl  or @Warren Heaton  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you confirm that this is NOT LTC timecode. while catalyst and resolve can see timecode in audio, premiere cannot, so you may need to use resolve to convert the timecode to regular SMPTE timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot confirm, but it is unlikely LTC. Audio was recorded seperately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there - I'm bumping this thread.

My client has another shoot coming up with the same camera crew - using Sony FX3's. I'd really like to get this issue resolved by next week when I'll start ingesting and syncing footage.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines