• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Colours/exposures way off new HGL in update

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my program finally and pulled up a project i was working on. My time line colour looks like it got added +2 in exposures. i played around with sequence setting and went from rec.709 to rec.2100 hgl and that got my timeline close to the colours i had it at. If you look at my logo photo the blues are different in the actually timeline compared to the source monitor. Also Quicktime is my only option for previews where I've ever worked off of QuickTime. Then also when i go to export the export after switching to rec.2100 hgl where my colours are close and the export is back to +2 exposure. i see the HGL is added into my export and i cannot fully turn this off only switch it to a higher %. 

This hgl update is the most frustrating and stupid thing throwing off my old projects that are due today.

Screenshot (21).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (22).png 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Modify > Interpret footage and set color space override.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modify is under what tab..... lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ff

Found it, just interput footage it is greyed out. 

Screenshot (23).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because you highlighted the sequence and not the clip............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Not just exposure, colours are also off. Rolling back to previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Ann!

Is this going to mean doing this for every clip? I have hundreds of clips throughout a project. You may have thought that a supportive soloution would be a global override - ok maybe it would have been a technical challenge, but maybe better than many frustrated long time professional customers. Sometimes its not so easy to go back to an earlier version of prem when you have started making updates to a project. I was quite excited to use the new update - I have found 2021 VERY sluggish once a project gets over a certain size - and I am on a 2021 IMac with 72 gig ram and the fastest GPU for this machine. I have a spinning ball after EVERY interaction with the project.

Sometimes I seem to spend more time on fixing premiere issues than working on the project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can interpret footage for all clips in one go.

After update, did you delete all media cache before opening any project?

For heavy compressed footage, might want to consider proxies or convert to edit friendly format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - I will have a play . I will delete media cache as well.

All footage plays fine - thebad performace is not related to playback, but to anything! Even trimming a clip. Although just working on a project and it seems to be performing better. I have a question, though!!

If you enable thumbnai/iconl view in a folder and then close it, will that take up additional resources vs a folder that is purely in list view which is closed(not talking about large numbers of OPEN folders.)

Would you recomend switching to list view for all non active folders.

Thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardly ever use icon view. I use list view, you can enlarge the thumbnails.

Also have the Preview area open for additional info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jut a follow up to your use of interpret footage - this seems only available when you select a clip from the project window - you select from a timline and the interpret footage option is greyed out. - so if you have multiple clips that you need to fix, then this is not a quick workaround - unless I am missing something(wouldn't suprise me...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all clips in Project Window and Interpret the footage. Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok will try - as my clips are in about 100 folders(big project)I guess if I use a metafolder, then it will show all clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also for the address title the colourds are good then i put it into the time line and this is what happens... i also cant inturpt colour for it. Screenshot (25).pngScreenshot (26).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works to get the footages colours right in the timeline but when i go to export yet again this is what happens .... everything over exposed again 

Screenshot (24).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines