• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Display Freezes forcing me to restart Premiere

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having several issues since "upgrading" to ProRes Raw in my workflow. I recently purchased the Atmos Ninja V and now record externally so I can use ProRes Raw for all my projects. The production process is a breeze but when getting to Premiere Pro, I am having some issues.

I was first having issues with Premiere Pro freezing after a few minutes of editing with the ProRes Raw footage but I have since nailed that down to a LUT issue and it has mostly stopped since removing the LUTs from my timeline.

Now the issue is with the playback window freezing after about 5 mins editing. I can sometimes still playback and hear audio but the video is frozen and the only way to fix it is to restart Premiere.

My workflow so far has been a nightmare and I have to be constantly saving and resarting Premiere every few mins. It is really not usable and I am stumped as to what the issue is. Everytime I close Premiere it shows as not responding and I have to end task in task manager.

I have been using Premiere for around 4 years and never had this issue until working with ProRes Raw.

The project files and all media files are running off a Samsung EVO Plus 2TB M.2 SSD.

My system specs are below:

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080Ti

64GB Corsair Vengance Pro RAM

Samsung EVO Plus 2TB M.2 SSD

Corsair 850W PSU

Task manager shows nothing is reaching a high percent usage so the issue must lie with Premiere.

I've tried reinstalling Premiere and making sure it is up to date. I've tried making proxies but this doesn't seem to fix the issue. I've tried deleting media cache files but that didn't work.

Honestly this whole problem is making me consider moving to Resolve as I've heard it runs a lot smoother but I'm willing to carry on tackling this problem.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BTec DomHoward,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Please ensure that the latest ProRes RAW decoder is installed & the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA). Also, is this happening specifically with the playback of ProRes RAW videos, or is it happening with other media types as well?

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I've made sure the latest ProRes RAW Decoder is installed and the renderer is set to GPU Acceleration.

And yes, it is happening only with ProRes RAW videos. I've sort of managed to fix the issue by lowering the playback resolution to 1/4 or 1/8 and the issue happens 10x less. I'm not sure why my PC can't handle the playback though as I've had massive projects in higher resolutions with H.265 files running from slower drives with no problems before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines