• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline/Editing Issues (Dropped Audio, Delayed Play/Pause, Etc)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attempted to do every troubleshooting step I can find, yet nothing helps the constant probems while editing inlcuding laggy scrubbing, audio tracks fading to nothing, delayed pausing, and delayed playing. It makes the program unusable while I sit around for 20 seconds waiting for it to respond to everything I attempt to do. While all of this is happening there are barely any resources being utilized as the CPU, GPU, RAM, and SSD'd are all showing under 30% (usually under 5%) used. The fans barely spin up as the system is barely being used. This is so infuriating as I have edited far more complicated projects with far less powerful hardward in the past, and this is only a 1080p timeline!

Everythings updated, cleared cache, moved cache to fastest drive, disabled audio input, proxies don't help, enabled FX mute, lowered playback and paused resolution to 1/4, and even rendered everything in timeline to no avail. I've closed everything on my system but Premiere, disconnected external monitors, and added air intake.

Intel Core i7-8550U 1.80GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400, NVIDIA GeForce MX150, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 64Bit Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.674, Crucial P2 500GB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD Boot, Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA SSD Storage.

Provehito In Altum
TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also disabled automatic wave form creation and verified no processes were running in Premiere (baesd on the bottom right corner information area) when these issues occur.

Provehito In Altum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MrDevanWright,

I see you've been having some performance issues. We've all been there. You've given us info on your system, so thanks for that. What we do not have is info on your media. We don't know where the media might be coming from these days. The general rule is that if the media is not coming from a pro video camera, you probably have to adjust your workflow to include transcoding or creating proxies. Streaming media and mobile phone video often need transcoding. Let us know those details so we can give you proper instructions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing MP4/H.264 video that was directly exported from OBS. I've attempted creaeting proxies for the files into QuickTime ProRes Low, but issues persist.

This is alaso happening on my home computer which has a Ryzen 5 2600X, with 32GB DDR4 2933MHz, an Aorus RTX 3080 Xtreme, booting from a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB, with video files on a Seagate Constellation 18TB HHD array (x3 6TB, Raid 0). And again, no resource is maxing out.
Provehito In Altum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updated info Devan! I myself have had issues with OBS footage. There is an app you can download from the Windows app store called DUO VIDEO CONVERTER that is free, fast and will convert (obviously) the footage to a MOV or another MP4 so you can reimport it and it shouldn't have any issues. It is just something about OBS that kicks out problems!!! I suggest tweaking the settings of OBS and experimenting. I am not an expert there but maybe find an OBS Reddit forum and ask there for settings advice. The converter will help if you need it quickly though 😄

Good luck & let us know if it works for you too.

Lawrence Mann
Digital Artist / YouTuber / Tech Consultant
www.LawrenceMann.co.uk
:pencil: Corel ‘Painter Master’ ELITE :pencil: Sketchable SketchARTISAN :pencil: Drobo Influencer :pencil: Lenovo INsider :pencil: XP-Pen Brand Friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would that be any different than Adobe Media Encoder converting it to MOV?

Provehito In Altum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lawrence. Hi Devan.

I agree, Lawrence! OBS footage can bring Premiere Pro to its knees as the files carry a variable frame rate. However, you cannot convert this footage to a constant frame rate in Adobe Media Encoder! It's the one trick that Media Encoder cannot perform. Ironically, you need to use an encoder based on FFMPEG, an open-source set of tools that are free of charge. Crazy, huh?

I've never used Duo. I like Shutter Encoder (also free) because it can create ProRes LT (.mov) files, which work best for editing and are the files I prefer (though the file size is much larger than encoding back to H.264). If you use ProRes LT, the files are only for editing purposes. You'll trash them later.

The bottom line is, though, you have to take action and convert (transcode) these nasty files before editing with them. The choices you make for conversion should be based on your specific workflow. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes, recording at a variable frame rate. It has it's benefits but also a part of what makes it so easy to cause files to corrupt when the application crashes! A reason to record as .mov rather than .MP4s right there. 

OBS is great but it does have draw backs. Let's hope Adobe buys it and fixes it up at some point (nudge, nudge). 

I think I have come across Shutter Encoder but thought it was MacOS only for some reason. I have been on Windows for the last 5 years. Much better for creative needs these days in my opinion. Apple just made too many little changes to the OS and the hardware just fell behind what you could do with a PC thanks to the innovation lead by gaming PCs (which has a lot of cross-over for creatives).

Have a great day folks and I hope this all helps you Devan.

P.S. Nice to meet you Kevin!

Lawrence Mann
Digital Artist / YouTuber / Tech Consultant
www.LawrenceMann.co.uk
:pencil: Corel ‘Painter Master’ ELITE :pencil: Sketchable SketchARTISAN :pencil: Drobo Influencer :pencil: Lenovo INsider :pencil: XP-Pen Brand Friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines