• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Footage Distorting Badly?

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with a small bit of the footage in my timeline severely distorting during playback (and export).  It always happens in the same spots in the video.  In the source monitor, the footage playsback fine, in the timeline it displays like corrupted footage.

I would describe it as a massive pixelization and tearing appearance.

I've had this issue for weeks and nothing I do fixes it.  I've tried countless graphics card settings.  I've tried replacing the footage in the timeline with the same footage again (thinking maybe the clip on the timeline got corrupted).  I've even tried copying the entire sequence and pasting it into a new project/timeline.  Nothing works.

What are my options at this point?

I don't understand what's so special about this particular footage that Premier constantly plays it back with this distortion in the exact same spots.  Like I said, the footage plays back fine in the source/media brower

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert footage to Prores with Shutter Encoder and try again.

Shutter Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what all does that entail?  After I take all the original footage and convert it, do i just put that footage in the media bin and it replaces what's in my timeline automatically, or am I going to have to re-edit stuff in my timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can replace the footage in the Project window. This new footage will be updated in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann. 

I did as you said, and it replaced the footage in the media bin and on the timeline.  It seemed to fix things BEFORE I rendered the timeline.  Once I render things... it's still tearing and digitizing on playback and on export.  The footage itself is flawless.  Something about putting parts of it on the timeline ruins it.

This bug is not small.  What it's doing completely ruins my project.  If I can't get this solved, then I've just wasted 9 months of my life on this project for absolutely nothing.

It seems like every project I do in Premiere Pro has a brand new, major bug that I have to spend weeks if not months trying to find odd fixes and workarounds to from strangers on the internet. 

Would you happen to know if Adobe still actually works on Premier?  I mean, is it still under active development?  I ask because for the last year that I've used it, it has only gone from bad to worse in terms of bugs and issues.  

I mean, including the word "Pro" in the name of this application is just Adobe engaing in sarcasm at this point, right?  I'd say that I spend only 1/3 of my time actually editing in Premiere and 2/3 of my time researching fixes, remedies and workarounds for one giant bug, issue or problem after another.  It's so exhausting.

I don't know what to do from here.  Buy another computer?  Recreate the entire edit in a different NLE?  Nothing that's been suggested to me works and I've been researching this problem for about two months now.  Any hope that this can be remedied is fading fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines