• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Glitch (M1 Max) & Import Error

Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two errors I'm finding tonight (I think the timeline one is from the most recent update)

Timeline Error:

When editing in the timeline after a bit randomly the timeline will start to glitch drastically. If you're also trying to move video or audio onto another track it doesn't visually move. To get rid of this glitch if you open another window (Say finder, or an internet browser, etc) the glitch fixes itself and works for another 5-10 min before randomly doing it again. Only noticed this on my M1 Max Macbook Pro.

Import Issue:
This seems to be new too. As I'm using the new import menu, I select "Video only" and click on my a1 folder from Day 1 which has a few cards I've offloaded. It imports the video perfectly, but still imports the Jpeg images from the thumbnail folder. Pretty annoying. Also, you cant select the directory viewers as everything is greyed out.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that I am also experiencing a similar glitch with flashing waveforms in the timeline. Works okay at first but then this glitch appears and I experience sluggishness when moving clips around the timeline - video attached. I'm using a Mac Studio with M1 Max chip. Premiere version 22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly due to the GPU and CPU being integrated into the same chip on the M1 Max. Premiere's video architecture has for so many years been built around the dedicated graphics card. 

Adobe is pushing out updates to try to accommodate Apple's integrated graphics model in such a way that won't trash the program for the vast majority of users who rely on separate graphics adapters in their system. It's got to be a delicate balancing act, so all I can do is recommend patience. They will eventually get these glitches worked out. I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

Yeah I hope so too. I'm on the Mac Studio M1 Ultra now and having the same issues, as per the CPU/GPU reference you said. Would love to hear from Adobe on this? It's a known issue I'm assuming? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just bumping this to see if anyone from Adobe can touch on this subject. 

I'm attaching a video here of the flashing UI I'm experiencing. This happens to me about 10x a day and will temporarily fix if I restart the program. However, it'll eventually come back.

I'm working on v22.6, but the problem persists on other versions newer and older. I've also tried running in Rosetta, but that doesn't help. Yesterday I tried unplugging my computer from any hard drive / external monitor, however the problem is still there.

What's weird is that I have several collegues with Mac M1's and absoluetly no issues on their end with Premiere. Is it possible we have lemons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue running Premiere 22.6 on my MacBook Pro M1 Max. Tried reformatting my system but problem still persists.

Is adobe doing anything to fix this? Any work arounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is still there, curently working on M1 MAX with 64GB of RAM and 2 TB SSD.

When editing timeline starts to get very slow in resposne, to the point where editing is very iritating. There is no workaround for me. When i start new empty sequence problem is gone, but after making some editing again evertyhing is slow.... . Is it time to ditch PP for some alternative editing software? How it is possible that chip that is on a market for more than a year is still making such problem for You guys... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is even more surprising the video playback played smoothly even in 4K60 with out any problem... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines