• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling (No Scroll) not working properly (Jan 2022)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject states, the playhead keeps forcing me to where it stops other than me being able to stay in my specific working area. 

I'm a music video editor and have to cut to the beat often so it's frustrating having to move the playhead back to where I was original trying to make the cut.

Even when I click down on where I want the playhead to be it forces me to where it was.

This is happening on both my Mac Pro and my new 16" Macbook pro so know it has something to do with an update.

Please advise,

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah this is happening to me as well. It seems to be a bug with the new update.

A work around I have found until they fix is to remain zoomed out.

As long as playhead is on screen it seems to work as intended only when it is off screen does it send you to where it currently is during playback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it's unfortunate. I'm quickly pressing "j" simply to get the playhead back on the screen before I try to make a change.

Hope they fix that bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. No fix yet that I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, been searching everywhere to see if anyone else was having this problem. It's a MAJOR slow down. Please help ADOBE! It was hard to figure out what words to even search with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i'm having the same problem. Adobe, PLEASE fix this. It is extrememly frustrating....

Being a true artist is being true to yourself. Go Create!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is an absolute nightmare of a bug. I'm an animatic editor dealing with shots that consist of a dozen images every few seconds. i'm almost always on close zoom so i can see and manipulate the image panels for each shot. The timeline panel jumps focus when you stop playback. even if you click back, it recenters and drops the playhead random place from the next "page" of the timeline. totally disorienting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines